Congressman Andy Biggs' Statement on New Planned Parenthood Video
Washington, D.C. - Yesterday, the Center for Medical Progress released a new undercover video exposing horrific discussions with Dr. DeShawn Taylor, Medical Director Emerita for Planned Parenthood Arizona. In the video, Dr. Taylor –
- reveals her worries when certain staff members watch as an aborted baby is delivered ‘looking like a baby’;
- mocks Arizona’s ‘conservative’ laws that make her hesitant to send an intact, aborted baby for cremation;
- quips that she needs to ‘hit the gym’ for dismemberment abortions – ‘my biceps appreciate when the digoxin works’ (to kill the fetus);
- highlights her increasing market share of abortion services in Arizona; and
- insinuates that she might support maneuvers after an attempted abortion to try to cause fetal demise – contrary to Arizona law.
Congressman Biggs released the following statement after watching the video:
“I am appalled and saddened by these latest revelations from a former senior Planned Parenthood employee – especially one in my home state. For years, leaders in Arizona have tirelessly worked to codify a number of pro-life, pro-family laws to promote a culture that understands, cherishes, and protects the sanctity of life. Dr. Taylor’s barbaric boasting about her abhorrent trade and casual disregard for the gift of life shows yet again that leaders of the abortion industry view women and unborn babies as financial instruments for personal gain. This video proves there is even more to be done at the state and federal level to protect the lives of the unborn and the safety of their mothers, and it should give us a renewed sense of urgency to fight for Roe v Wade’s demise.
“Rather than continuing to provide millions of dollars to Planned Parenthood, the nation’s largest abortion provider, we should support the efforts of federally qualified health clinics and rural health clinics, whose mission is to provide necessary care to women and families, while respecting the sanctity of life. I will continue to fight to defund Planned Parenthood and protect the most helpless among us.”
Congressman Andy Biggs is a first-term Representative from Arizona’s Fifth Congressional District, representing parts of Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Sun Lakes, and Queen Creek. Congressman Biggs is a member of the House Judiciary and Science, Space, and Technology committees, and is the chairman of the Environment Subcommittee. He lives with his wife Cindy in Gilbert.